TCM Education Completed in Canada ▶ ▼
Transcript requirements include, but are not limited to, the following information in English:
- School information: School name and contact information including address; telephone number
- Student information: Legal name; Student number; Birth date; Gender
- Dates: Transcript issued; Enrollment date; Completion date
- Type of training program: Acupuncture, Herbology, Practitioner, Doctor
- Course information listed according to Schedule E: Course hours; credits and grade earned; Instructor names and qualifications (for each course); Starting and ending dates for each course; Courses must be listed by academic year and in chronological order; Clinical training courses must be identified; Clinical training to specify hours for Acupuncture and Herbology separately
- Total course hours/credits earned by: Each academic year (Subtotal of course hours/credits earned); Current date (Total of course hours/credits earned)
- Transfer course requirements: Identification of all transfer credits; Hours and credits assigned to each transfer course; Original transcript from institution providing the transferred course(s); ICES report if the other institution is located outside Canada
- Official signature and school stamp: Signature of School Official and date of signature; Printed name and Title of School Official
- Additional transcript requirements: Information to convert credits into course hours; Final transcript: signed statement that the training program has been successfully completed in accordance with Schedule E.
TCM Education Completed Outside Canada ▶ ▼
If you completed your TCM education outside of Canada, you are required to submit a basic credential evaluation report from International Credential Evaluation Services (ICES). The report must be sent directly from ICES to CTCMA with a copy of transcript attached. Please refer to Credential Evaluation Report below for more information.
You are not required to provide an ICES report if your were previously accepted to write a registration examination which include proof of education completed outside of Canada.
Two-Year University Education Completed in Canada ▶ ▼
Graduates and students from BC
Transcript from accredited college or university.
Graduates and students from Quebec
Quebec Ministry of Education issues a transcript confirming Diplome d’etudes collegiales (DEC). For university admission, these students are normally granted 30 credits of advanced standing, reducing a 120-credit requirement to 90 credits or 6 semesters. Some degrees require additional semesters for completion, i.e. B.Eng. Please note the citation on the CEGEP transcript will be:
(Year, i.e. 2000) DEC (diplome d’etudes preuniversitaire)
The Quebec Ministry of Education transcript is preferable to the CEGEP transcript. The CEGEP DES (Diplome d’etudes secondaires) is NOT the same as the DEC.
Graduates and students from other Canadian provinces
Transcript from the institution you attended. You may be required to obtain a basic credential evaluation report from International Credential Evaluation Services (ICES), depending on the courses completed and institution attended.
Two-Year University Education Completed Outside Canada ▶ ▼
If you graduated from a school outside of Canada, you are required to submit a basic credential evaluation report from International Credential Evaluation Services (ICES). Please refer to Credential Evaluation Report below for more information.
The ICES report must state that your education is "considered generally comparable to the completion of the first two years of undergraduate study".
You do not need to provide an ICES report if you were previously accepted for student registration before December 2009.
Credential Evaluation Report ▶ ▼
International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES)
3700 Willingdon Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5G 3H2
Please note that ICES requires at least 4 weeks to produce a basic report after you submit all required documents.
The credential evaluation report must be submitted with your application. All application documents must arrive at the College office by the application deadline to be accepted.