Standard First Aid and CPR-C Certifications
*As of July 6, 2023, full registrants are required to hold current and valid Standard First Aid with Level C cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR-C) certifications under the Bylaws Section 48(1)(d).
The Quality Assurance Committee has specified the following Standard First Aid and CPR-C certifications as acceptable to fulfill this requirement:
- Heart and Stroke Foundation – Standard First Aid CPR and AED Level C
- Canadian Red Cross – Standard First Aid & CPR
- St. John Ambulance – Standard First Aid with CPR-C and AED
- Lifesaving Society – Standard First Aid (with CPR)
- Canadian Ski Patrol– Standard First Aid and CPR training in the ski patrol training program
Certifications equivalent or exceeding the certification courses listed above are acceptable. For example, St. John Ambulance offers a “CPR-BLS & AED” course specific for healthcare workers and is considered equivalent in certification level with the regular “CPR-C & AED” course. Both courses can satisfy the CPR-C certification registration requirement in the Bylaws.
In general, courses that are titled “Emergency First Aid” are at a lower certification level than the “Standard First Aid” courses; and hence DO NOT satisfy the Standard First-Aid registration requirement in the Bylaws.
*Please note: All registrants, new or current, are expected to meet this requirement by March 31, 2024. All registrants are required to report meeting this requirement during annual registration renewal.