The expectation for registrants regarding the register is outlined on page 31 of the College Bylaws under the heading “Registrant’s responsibility to update information in register”.
60. (1) A registrant must update the information provided to the college, including but not limited to:
(a) change of physical home address, telephone number and email address,
(b) change of physical address, telephone number, email address and website address of each place at which the registrant practices,
(c) change of any other registration information previously provided to the college.
(2) A registrant must notify the registrar of any change to the information provided under subsection (1) not later than 14 calendar days after the change occurred.
Here’s What’s New!
The College recently updated its Public Registry on the website. To improve the search function of the Professional Registrant and Student Registrant registries, several changes were made.
Professional Registrant Registry
- First, middle, last or/and “Informal” name options were added as well as the ability to search by “partial name.” The addition of a “partial name” search makes it easier for users to find registrants if they have only a partial name to go by.
- Users may filter search by a registrant’s registration title or registration number.
- Clicking the “VIEW” link in a search result allows users to see more information for a searched registrant. Under “Registration Remarks,” information such as Public Notifications, and the Registration Record for the last five years is viewable.
Student Registrant Registry
- A Public Registry for “Student Registrants” was added. Public protection includes verification of student trainees performing TCM services at TCM school clinics. Patients who visit clinics located at TCM schools may now verify student registration with the College.
Professional Practice Tips
Make sure you provide your full legal name, title, and registration number clearly on treatment and billing receipts, and all other business communications where appropriate. On business cards, consider including your full legal name and title, and any other “Informal” name(s), which is/are not necessarily legal name(s) used in professional settings. Registrants who use both informal and legal names in their practice should include both versions on marketing and advertising materials as well as in their registration profile with the College.
For the public to locate and confirm the registration status of professional registrants and student registrants, accuracy is of the upmost importance. All registrants should ensure their information in the registry is accurate and current. Student registrants should be sure to maintain their registration status for the duration of their studies and clinical training at recognized TCM schools.
How to Update Your Registration Profile
- Registrants can make changes to contact information such as address, email, and phone number by logging into the Registrant Portal located on the College’s website, and then by clicking “My Account.”
- If you have legally changed your name and you would like to change your legal name as registered with the College, you must submit (by regular postal mail) a “Request for Name Change in Register” form which can be found on the College’s website at: https://www.ctcma.bc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/media/1760/request_for_name_change_in_register.pdf
- To add an informal name to accompany your legal name in your profile, submit a request in writing to [email protected].